3ie needs your help to find evidence maps
We are undertaking a systematic search to find completed and ongoing, published and unpublished evidence maps relevant to low- and middle-income countries (L&MICs). It is easy enough for us to find evidence maps that have been published in journals and that are therefore likely to be found on academic databases. We also know of various organisations that maintain publically accessible repositories of evidence maps (see the list below).
We are convinced that there are evidence maps out there that we are not finding through our database and website searching. We need your help to find them and make sure they are included in our mapping of evidence maps project.
This project is funded by the Centre of Excellence for Development, Impact and Learning (CEDIL). Members of this centre include 3ie, LSTHM, EPPI-Centre, Campbell Collaboration and UCL.
Where we have looked already
We are able to search all academic databases and the websites listed in this table. If you know of any maps not in a database or one of these websites, or know of a website we haven’t listed that has maps, please do contact us at email@example.com
We are already searching the following resources. You can help by telling us about maps that will not accessible through these resources:
|Database or Organisation||Web URL|
|International Rescue Committee||www.rescue.org|
|Collaboration for Environmental Evidence (CEE)||http://www.environmentalevidence.org/|
|Evidence for Policy and Practice Information and Co-ordinating Centre (EPPI-Centre)||http://eppi.ioe.ac.uk/cms/Default.aspx?tabid=56|
|Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE)||https://www.scie.org.uk/|
|Oxfam Humanitarian Evidence Programme||http://policy-practice.oxfam.org.uk/our-work/humanitarian/humanitarian-evidence-programme|
|Department: Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (DPME)||http://www.dpme.gov.za/Pages/default.aspx|
How to submit an evidence map
- Organisations can send the URLs, publications or excel files of the gap maps directly to 3ie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also tweet directly or post on 3ie’s
Please include as much of the following information that you can:
- Name of the key contact person and their email
- Organisation or affiliation
- Status of the maps: complete, ongoing, not sure
- URL or attach the file
We will not share any contact information with anyone. We will use it only to let you know when the map of maps is published so that you can check it out.
Here are what we think are useful answers to some FAQs. If you need additional clarifications, please write to us at email@example.com
- Why create an evidence map of evidence maps?
The aim of this project is to provide an overview of completed and ongoing systematic evidence maps focusing on development programmes in L&MICs. In doing so, we have three objectives:
- To identify, critically appraise and summarise the characteristics of existing systematic evidence maps
- To identify thematic gaps where new systematic evidence maps could add value
- To provide easy access to existing systematic evidence maps through an interactive platform
- What are the criteria for maps to be included?
We are looking for evidence maps relating to L&MICs. They could be from any sector.
The deadline for all submissions is 3 April, 2017.