3ie requested qualifications from researchers for grants to prepare proposals for impact evaluations of programmes implemented by the Department of Social Welfare and Development, Philippines
The programme that will be evaluated and the evaluation questions will be determined during the proposal preparation phase. However the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has identified priority programmes that can be evaluated.
For more information on the programmes and how to apply, please read the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) (274.3 KB)
The deadline for this call was 23 January 2015.
Queries related to this RFQ can be sent to email@example.com mentioning PWP1.02 in the subject line.
At a glance
- Only legally registered organisations and consortia of registered organisations, not individuals, could apply.
- This was a request for qualifications to prepare an impact evaluation design, not to submit a design.
- This call is in two phases. In the first phase, a proposal preparation grant will be awarded.
- Proposals received in the first phase will reviewed and scored according to 3ie’s selection criteria and will be considered for full impact evaluation grants in the second phase.
- A preparation grant of up to US$30,000 will be made to the qualifying research team.
- The lead grant-holding organisation may be located anywhere in the world.
- The research team should however include at least one researcher from the Philippines as a principal investigator with a substantive role in designing the impact evaluation.
DSWD’s candidate programmes for evaluation
DSWD aims to provide social protection and reduce poverty through a number of programmes, each with its specific interventions and objectives. The department has identified the following as potential programmes for evaluation.
- Sustainable Livelihood Program is a community-based capacity building programme that seeks to improve the participants’ socio-economic status.
- Supplementary Feeding Program involves provision of food in addition to the regular meals to currently enrolled day care children.
- Convergence Strategy synchronises the complementary aspects of its three core poverty reduction programs to adopt a streamlined approach for a more efficient and effective delivery of its programmes and services.
How to apply
3ie's Policy Window Philippines
This window develops and fund rigorous, mixed-methods impact evaluations commissioned by policymakers and programme managers to answer questions about the attributable impact of interventions they implement in the Philippines.