3ie invited submission of qualifications to be considered for a proposal preparation grant for the impact evaluation of a programme promoting girls’ education implemented by the Government of Benin.
The programme entitled Promoting girls' schooling is being implemented by the Ministry of Secondary Education, Government of Benin. The objective of the programme is to reduce the educational gap between girls and boys in school and increase the enrolment of girls.
For more information please read the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) (236.1 KB)
Une version francaise de l’appel à candidature est également disponible
Request for Qualifications (Francaise) (322.5 KB)
The deadline for this call was 13 February 2015.
Please direct any questions related to this RFQ to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘Benin education’ in the subject line with a copy to email@example.com by 23 January 2015.
At a glance
- This call was in two phases. In the first phase, a proposal preparation grant will be awarded.
- Proposals received in the first phase will reviewed and scored according to 3ie’s selection criteria and will be considered for evaluation grants in the second phase.
- 3ie will award one grant under this call.
- Only legally registered organisations and consortia of registered organisations, not individuals, could apply.
- The lead grant-holding organisation making the application must be located in the region, with researchers from Benin / region as the lead principal investigator(s).
- Applicants should have included other researchers who are not employees of that organisation.
About the girls’ schooling programme in Benin
The Government of Benin is implementing the Promoting girls' schooling programme. This programme was piloted between 2005 and 2010 in one of the 12 departments in the country. Following the pilot phase, the government decided to expand the programme by nationally subsidising education for all girls in junior secondary schools.
The decision was not based on a rigorous impact evaluation or concrete results of an impact evaluation of the pilot programme of schooling for girls. The government intends to expand the programme to senior high schools in the second phase. This is an opportunity to undertake a quality impact evaluation study to help decision-making.
3ie's Policy Window
3ie’s Policy Window Three (PW3) grants programme is designed to develop and fund rigorous, mixed-method impact evaluations commissioned by policymakers and programme managers to answer questions about the attributable impact of interventions they implement.
For more information, please visit the Policy Window page.