3ie has awarded three proposal preparation grants to research teams to design rigorous impact evaluations of initiatives aimed at improving adolescents’ lives in South Asia.
These proposal preparation grants have been made for designing impact evaluations of programmes in Afghanistan, India and Pakistan.
Adolescents account for almost 20 per cent of the population in South Asia. They are excluded from decisions that affect them and have limited access to information on issues that influence their lives. A major challenge in improving the lives of adolescents in South Asia, particularly the lives of those from the most disadvantaged populations, is the limited evidence on what works to improve the lives of adolescents– particularly evidence stemming from impact evaluations and systematic reviews.
The preparation grants awarded under this window will enable the selected research team to design one or more rigorous and policy-relevant impact evaluations of UNICEF’s multi-sectoral adolescents programmes in Afghanistan, India and Pakistan implemented in partnership with IKEA Foundation. These multisectoral programmes aim to improve a range of adolescent-related outcomes, including secondary school enrollment and attendance, incidence of child marriage, prevalence of anaemia and malnutrition, attitudes towards domestic violence and abuse, knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues and involvement of adolescents in armed conflict. The research team will be required to work in close collaboration with UNICEF and other agencies involved in the implementation of the programme.
For more information about this call, please read the Request for Qualifications (351.3 KB) .
This call is now closed. The deadline for submitting applications was 26 March 2015.
The deadline for submitting questions regarding this request for qualifications was 9 March 2015. The answers to the questions 3ie received are available in this Q&A document (235.9 KB)
Please direct any other queries related to this RFQ to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘TW12’ in the subject line.
At a glance
- This call was in two phases. In the first phase, a proposal preparation grant will be awarded.
- Only legally registered organisations, and consortia of registered organisations, not individuals, could apply.
- 3ie expects to support three impact evaluations, one each in Afghanistan, India and Pakistan.
- Study teams could apply for proposal preparation grant in more than one country if they fulfill the criteria.
- It is necessary to include at least one principal investigator in a meaningful role on the study team that is a national of and resident in the country to which the evaluation applies. This principal investigator should be involved in the analysis and publication, not merely in data collection.
- In the first phase, three research teams will receive preparation grants of up to US$20,000 each.
Support for impact evaluations of programmes targeting adolescents’ lives in South Asia
Funding support for this call is provided by UNICEF in partnership with IKEA Foundation.