3ie requested proposals from organisations to implement pilot interventions that integrate HIV services with other health services in Sub-Saharan Africa and conduct impact evaluations of those innovative programmes.
3ie’s seventh Thematic Window is a grant-making component of the 3ie evidence programme, Integration of HIV Services. This 3ie programme aims to help bridge the knowledge gap of what works and why in HIV care and treatment, and specifically whether and how integration of health services could be a tool to address the HIV and AIDS treatment cascade.
This thematic window will award grants to fund projects that include pilot interventions and impact evaluations of under-researched HIV service integration programmes that aim to improve linkage to care, adherence and/or retention.
3ie is pleased to announce five awards under 3ie’s seventh Thematic Window on Integration of HIV services in Sub-Saharan Africa. Click here to read more about the award winners.
For more information, please download the Request for Proposals (167.9 KB)
This call is now closed. The deadline for submitting applications was 15 September 2014.
The deadline for questions regarding this request for proposals was 8 August 2014. The answers to the questions 3ie received are available in this Q&A document (102.0 KB)
At a glance
- The call was open to organisations implementing HIV and AIDS programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- 3ie expects to fund six grants of about US$300,000 per grant.
- Each grant will fund one project, and each project will combine both the implementation of the pilot intervention and the conduct of the impact evaluation.
- While grant money may be used to fund the implementation, teams are encouraged to propose cost sharing arrangements if necessary to implement the pilot intervention across a large enough sample.
- A team applying for a grant may include multiple organisations. For example, one organisation that will implement the pilot programme and one organisation that will conduct the impact evaluation.
- A single organisation, however, must apply for the grant as the prime grantee and then issue sub-awards to other team members.
- A single organisation may apply to implement both the programme and the impact evaluation, but will need to describe the arrangements for maintaining independence in their proposal.
How to apply
Any questions about this funding window or call for proposals should be sent to email@example.com
Support for the Thematic Window on Integration of HIV Services
Funding for this thematic window has been provided by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.