The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) promotes evidence-informed equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. We support the generation and effective use of high-quality evidence to inform decision-making and improve the lives of people living in poverty in low- and middle-income countries. We provide guidance and support to produce, synthesize and quality assure evidence of what works, for whom, how, why and at what cost. 3ie is registered as a non-governmental organization in the United States. It has offices in New Delhi, London and Washington, DC.
The Strategic Communications Office (SCO) is responsible for developing effective approaches to communicating research, advocating for evidence-informed policymaking and programming and understanding the impact of our work. The team anchors 3ie’s internal and external communication, including producing content and maintaining the 3ie website and producing knowledge, and institutional publications.
3ie is seeking an Associate to join the Strategic Communication team, based out of New Delhi. The team works closely with 3ie’s global research staff and senior management to ensure our work is easy to access, engaging and useful for decision-makers. We support the production of knowledge products such as blogs, infographics, social media posts and op-eds. We engage with our audiences online (through social media) and offline (through events).
The successful candidate will be highly organized, a skilled communicator, and creative with an interest in content writing and design. They will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including supporting external and internal communication, events and day-to-day management of research products. They will be a self-starter, an early-career professional, with a can-do, team player attitude.
While we prefer the candidate to be based in New Delhi, in exceptional circumstances, we are open to a remote-working arrangement for those based elsewhere in India. They will work closely with the Senior Manager, SCO and other senior staff.
Work towards making the organization’s research and policy insights accessible to our priority audiences through:
- Contributing to conceptualizing and planning new initiatives that amplify 3ie’s work.
- Managing production of 3ie’s reports and briefs, including coordinating with staff, consultants and vendors.
- Working with senior staff to develop content for blogs, the website, social media, and other multimedia products.
- Ensuring all 3ie communication products adhere to branding and style guidelines
- Contributing to engagement activities, including workshops, conferences, and other events.
- Supporting staff in media outreach, including drafting press releases.
- Supporting the Senior Manager, SCO in developing and executing the organization’s internal communication strategy.
- Coordinating efforts to capture learning, track metrics and report on the team’s progress.
- Undertaking writing and editing assignments as required.
Qualifications and skills
Education, training and work experience
- Masters in a field directly relevant to international development that included formal training in communication preferred
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- Experience in writing, editing and proofreading will be an advantage
- Experience in project management is preferred; project management certifications will be an advantage
- Familiarity with communication tools, apps and software
- Experience with website content management systems will be an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the flexibility and desire to adapt to shifting weekly priorities and deadlines
- Willingness and ability to multitask as needed
- Excellent cross-cultural skills and diplomacy
- Strong and demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
The successful candidate must have the right to work in India. Foreigners in India on a business visa do not qualify for this position. 3ie is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, ethnicity, disability, caste, religion or sexual orientation.
Terms of employment
Candidates should be available to join as early as possible. The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate, based on qualifications and experience. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults from abuse. We follow a zero-tolerance policy for any form of bullying or harassment in the workplace.
How to apply
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com and mention ‘Communication associate’ in the subject line.
The application must provide, at a minimum*, the following information:
- A one-page cover letter highlighting experience most relevant to job description
- Curriculum vitae (not to exceed two pages)
- Writing sample (please indicate if it is co-authored or produced by yourself)
*Incomplete applications will not be considered
Shortlisted applicants should expect to:
- Undertake a writing and editing test
- Provide contact information of 3 professional references
The application deadline is 16 October 2022. Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed, and shortlisted candidates interviewed on a rolling basis. 3ie reserves the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received before the above-mentioned closing date.