2022 Asian Evaluation Week
The Asia-Pacific Finance and Development Institute (AFDI), in partnership with the Independent Evaluation Department (IED) of the Asian Development Bank (ADB), are organizing the 2022 Asian Evaluation Week to be held virtually on 13-15 September 2022. The AEW, now on its 7th year, is a leading evaluation knowledge sharing platform in the Asia and Pacific region. The event has established itself as a highly relevant forum for promoting knowledge and partnerships to advance evaluation and development effectiveness at the national, regional, and international levels. The theme for the 2022 AEW is Reframing Evaluation for Green, Inclusive, and Resilient Recovery.
Session 10: Digital tools to improve farmer resilience to climate shocks: Case studies in India (IFRD India)
This session will focus on how smartphones and remote sensing are being utilized innovatively to improve the provision of extension, detection of crop damage, and access to financial instruments that reduce smallholder farmers’ vulnerability to climate change.
- Subhransu Pattnaik, Research Analyst, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFRI)
- Sanjay Mansabdar, Founder and CEO, Dvara E-Registry
- Tim Foster, Senior Lecturer in Water-Food Security, The University of Manchester
- Uttam Kumar, Senior scientist, Borlaug Institute for South Asia
• Berber Kramer, Senior Research Fellow, IFRI